The Bed &
Breakfast Inn at La Jolla
La Jolla, California
Rooms and Rates:
There are nine guest rooms in the original house and six in the annex. The guest will find
the inn airy and sunny with ocean and garden views from many of the rooms and decks.
Recently updated the Inn is furnished in classically elegant country style, each room
having its own theme, color scheme and personality. All are embellished with antiques,
decorative accessories, and exquisite art work exuding a European ambiance and old world
charm. Flowers abound inside and out.
Whimsical, airy bedroom in white, cream and blue with a feel of French
Provincial. Lovely garden views. Private bath. Queen bed.
Nightly Rate: $225 - $245
Kate Sessions - Delightful little room with period style built-in-tub and pedestal wash
basin. Ideal location in historical section of the home near 2nd Floor Sun
Deck. Private bath. Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $225 - $245
John Philip Sousa - Colorfully
decorated room in yellow floral prints featuring comfy chairs for reading and pine antique
accents. Very private location. Private bath. Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $225 - $245
The Shores - English Country style in
floral and white fabrics with hunter green and burgundy plaid accents. Cozy antique table
and comfy chairs for work or relaxing. Private bath. King or Twins. Nightly Rate: $229 - $249
Cozy, brightly decorated room with private balcony
and garden views. Furnished in a blend of Art Deco and Victorian antiques. Private bath.
Nightly Rate: $239 - $259
Ellen Browning Scripps - Quiet elegant bedroom furnished in traditional Queen Anne style antiques
including a four poster queen bed. Color scheme is peach and cool mint with white accents.
Private bath. Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $239 - $259
The Cove - Light, bright room with a
garden view. Four poster iron bed and white wicker furniture. Contrasting peach
walls and lovely garden prints. Fireplace, Private bath and Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $239 - $259
Bird Rock Cottage - Lovely,
large bedroom delightfully decorated in "Laura Ashley Style" with dainty floral
prints and antique pin furniture. Private entrance off the garden. Fireplace and TV. King
or Twins. Nightly Rate: $259 - $299
Elegant bedroom featuring canopied four poster bed and large antique
armoire. Private bath. Decor is white on white with cream and beige accents.
Large wood-burning fireplace and TV. King bed.
Nightly Rate: $359 - $379
Country Village - Spacious
Country French style bedroom done in blue mini prints and bright floral fabrics.
Delightful sitting area. Antique pine armoire, marvelous antique bed, TV, Private bath.
Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $239 - $259
Wind and Sea - Wonderful horizon sunset
and ocean views. Room is furnished with antique tortoise shell bamboo and has an
elegant Oreiental flavor. Fireplace. Private bath. Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $279 - $320
Garden - Private entrance off the lush
garden. "Old World" mini prints mixed with a flourish of floral. Private bath
and claw-foot tub and wood-burning fireplace. King bed. Nightly Rate: $259 - $299
Pacific View - Graciously furnished with
antiques following a nautical theme. Wonderful horizon ocean and sunset views.
Lovely sitting area and wood-burning fireplace. Private bath. Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $259 - $320
Fiesta - Elegantly appointed
with marvelous antiques, this large bedroom has a Latin flavor and a comfortable sitting
area with garden views, TV and fireplace. Private bath. Queen bed. Nightly Rate: $259 - $299
Irving Gill Penthouse
Spacious, luxurious, private suite at the top of the
house has a separate sitting room with TV and horizon ocean/sunset view from its private
deck. Private compartment bath. Fireplace. King bed.
Nightly Rate: $259 - $299
Services and Policies
- Savor a full, gourmet, candlelit breakfast in the charming dining area. Breakfast is
included in the room rate.
- Wine and cheese reception is served every night from 5:00pm to 6:00pm in the dining
- Tea, fresh fruit and delectable treats are available throughout the day in the dining
- Sherry, fresh flowers, hairdryers and terry robes await you in each guest room.
- You are welcome to relax in the garden, enjoy the view from the deck, or browse in our
- Picnic baskets, perfect for a day at the beach or in the park, are available with a 24
hours advanced notice. Additional charges will apply.
- All guest rooms are equipped with phones, data ports and WiFi wireless internet access.
- There are many wonderful restaurants in La Jolla and many fun things to do in La Jolla
and nearby San Diego. Feel free to call us for specific information.
- Our Check-In time is from 3-5pm. The inn closes at 8pm. If you will be arriving later
than 8pm, please call the inn and we will give you special instructions on gaining entry
to the inn to make your arrival go smoothly.
- Our Check-Out time is 11am. Guest checking out after 11am will be charged a fee equal to
one night lodging.
- The inn is closed from 11am-3pm in order to prepare for your arrival. However, if you
arrive by taxi prior to check-in, and need a place to store your luggage, we will be happy
to take care of that for you.
- Guests needing SPECIAL ASSISTANCE must notify the staff prior to check-in.
- Parking at the inn is limited and designed to fit compact cars only. In addition, there
is on-street parking in front of the inn limited to 2 hours between the hours of 8am and
6pm. Overnight and Sunday parking is free. During the week, there is unrestricted parking
on Kline and Eads Streets. We will be happy to give you more parking information on your
- Due to security reasons, we require the show of identification upon check-in. Any
balance due on reservation is to be paid at check-in.
- We are not equipped to accommodate young children under 12 years of age.
- No pets are allowed in the inn. However, we can make arrangements to have them housed at
a nearby pet hotel
- The entire inn is Non-Smoking which includes not only the rooms but the grounds, patios
and decks. Guests smoking in the rooms will be charged a minimum of $180 for cleaning and
repair. The final charge will include all actual costs plus any lost income.
- Only 2 persons per room no exceptions.
- Candles and Incense burning is not allowed in the guest rooms or on patios or decks for
insurance reasons. Guests will be charged for damages or excessive cleaning caused by
candle or incense burning.
- Guest will be charged a minimum of $25 for excessive cleaning, damages to or breakage of
Inn property. Expenses will be based upon actual documented expenses.
- Guest generating excessive noise or otherwise bothering other guests will be asked to
leave immediately and will not receive any refund of lodging fees.
- To SECURE room reservation the first nights deposit and/or 2 nights deposit
for weekends or 50% of the total stay, whichever is greater, (secured by prepayment ) is
required. Deposits taken at time reservation is made.
- Payment in full of "BALANCE DUE " is required at time of check-in.
- Minimum Stay requirements for Holidays, Special Events, and Weekends in June, July &
August require full payment at time of booking and are NON - REFUNDABLE unless we are able
to resell the room.
- Bookings are subject to a $25 processing fee per room or 3% of total charged to Credit
Card (whichever is greater) for any CANCELLATION / CHANGE.
- No refunds will be made for NO-SHOWS or EARLY check-outs.
- Last minute cancellations due to inclement weather are NON-REFUNDABLE.
In order to receive a full refund, less a processing fee:
- A 14 days cancellation notice is required for stays totaling 4 room nights or
- A 30 days cancellation notice is required for stays totaling 5 room nights but no
more than 8 room nights;
- A 60 days cancellation notice is required for stays totaling more than 8 room nights.
- Room nights are defined as the total number of nights per room times the number of rooms
- If the cancellation notice is received less than the designated number of days required,
the total cost of the room stay is non-refundable unless we are able to re-sell the
room nights. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the innkeeper/manager.
If Cancellations are RECEIVED LESS THAN the designated time required - as indicated
above - the Deposits are NON-REFNDABLE. Large groups or extended stays are handled by the
Innkeeper/Manager and may be subject to a separate contract and conditions.
If you find it necessary to cancel your reservation, please notify us in writing
by either faxing, mailing or emailing your cancellation to our inn. If you do not receive
a cancellation email within 24 hours, please call to make sure we received your request.