Narrow Gauge Inn
Fish Camp, California
Narrow Gauge Inn at the Southern
Gateway to Yosemite National Park
A warmly appointed hotel, the Narrow Gauge Inn
is a comfortable home away from home and an excellent base for all your Yosemite
adventures. Immerse yourself in nature as you explore our abundant gardens, relax by
our pool to the sounds of a waterfall or search the stars while soaking in our bubbling
hot tub. Be sure to keep your eyes open for wildlife as raccoons, bears, squirrels and
numerous birds all call this area home. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are here to
serve you. We welcome questions regarding nearby activities and are happy to suggest ways
to spend your time while in the area.
Our 26 nonsmoking rooms
offer majestic mountain views, private decks and an atmosphere of true relaxation.
"If you want to
stay in a place that celebrates the mountain atmosphere, book a room at this very friendly
- Frommer's Travel Guide
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
Indulge your appetite in our
seasonal restaurant which offers fine dining in a lodge atmosphere highlighted by stone
fireplaces, antique oil lamps and works of stained glass.
"Excellent food coupled with knockout views make the dining experience at
the Narrow Gauge Inn one of the finest in the Yosemite region."
- Lonely Planet Travel Guides
Open Mid-April Thru Mid-October
"The setting among the pines
and oaks is beautiful and the location makes this an ideal spot for a comfortable stay
close to all the region's activities."
- Gateways to the Park, Complete Guide to Yosemite.
- Yosemite Valley: Revel at the view of El Capitan, one of the largest
blocks of exposed granite in existence and 8,842 foot tall Half Dome which looks as if it
has been chopped in half with an ax. Many impressive waterfalls and an alpine wilderness
are ready to be discovered. Forty miles. Time to the South Gate is approximately 10
- Glacier Point: Some of the most majestic and panoramic views of
Yosemite Valley and the Sierra Nevada range are seen from this spectacular vantage point.
Forty four miles.
- Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoia:You will feel like a Lilliputian as you
stroll among some of the worlds largest living things. The impressive Grizzly Giant is
estimated to be 2,700 years old. Six miles.
- Golfing: The nine hole Wawona Golf Course was designed in 1918 by famed
architect Walter Fovargue and offers a Par 35 course surrounded by evergreen meadows.
Eight miles. The eighteen hole Sierra Meadow golf course is located in Oakhurst. Fifteen
- Horseback Riding: Available year around! Enjoy an hour or two riding
through trees, past lush meadows, and along meadering streams. Back country back trips,
wagon rides, winter trail rides and sleigh rides are available. Five miles
- Narrow Gauge Railroad: A steam train excursion through Lewis Creek
Canyon featuring all the sights and sounds of an historic mountain railroad. Museum,
Moonlight specials and Gold Panning. A short walk.
- Corlieu Falls Trail: A roaring Lewis Creek cascaded over giant granite
boulders forming deep blue swimming holes. A wonderful hike. Five miles.
- Bass Lake: A picturesque high mountain lake with boating, skiing,
fishing and swimming. A wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon. Twelve miles.
- Fishing: Rainbow, Brook and Brown Trout can be taken in nearby streams
and lakes. The Merced River and Bass Lake offer exceptional catches. Five miles.
- Mountain Bike and Motorcycle Trails: Ride your mountain bike through
Willow Creek, Goat Mountain, or the Nelder Grove. The Miami Motorcycle Trails are also
nearby. Five miles.
- Old Town Mariposa: A historic gold rush town and main street for
antique hunting, strolling or sightseeing. Twenty one miles.
- River Rafting: An adventure of a life time awaits you on the Merced
river as it tumbles and twists from the Yosemite Vally, one day and two day trips are
There are too many activities to list
them all but if you enjoy river rafting, rock climbing, picnicking, gold panning, or just
plain exploring, our friendly and knowledgeable staff are anxious to help you plan your
stay with us.
- The Narrow Gauge Inn provides that magical backdrop for your special day. Nestled in the
woods, we offer several locations for your ceremony for an intimate ceremony of 12 or up
to 80 guests.
- The most memorable day of your life should be fun, free of responsibility and deeply
romantic. Let our warm and charming atmosphere, spectacular mountain scenery, fabulous
food and professional staff create the memory of your lifetime.
- The Narrow Gauge Inn is a unique setting for your function of
all sizes. With many locations at your disposal we are able to accommodate your group in
style and comfort.
- Our dining room can be transformed into separate meeting rooms for privacy and has
wireless internet access. The outdoor patio area is an ideal setting for small family get
togethers. Our chef will prepare a custom menu to accommodate your needs and budget, and
our trained staff is ready to fulfill your requirements for a successful event.
Rates & Policies
- Rates: $78 - $248
All rates are for 2 people in the room. Additional persons over the age of 6 is an extra
$10. each, per night, plus tax. All rooms are nonsmoking and have a private shower, bath,
TV, telephone, coffee maker and include a continental breakfast.
- We accept pets in certain rooms for an additional $25, plus tax, per pet, per stay fee.
We require 1 night's prepayment on all reservations and have a 96 hour cancellation policy
and a $10.00 cancellation or change fee. The Narrow Gauge Inn accepts Visa, Master Card
and Discover Card. Madera County tax rate is 9%.
- We have a 2 night weekend minimum between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend, as
well as other holiday and conference periods. Add $20 per night in the summer months
between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend.
Your visit to the Narrow
Gauge Inn will surely create wonderful memories to last a lifetime.
48571 Hwy 41
Fish Camp, California 93623
General Mgr: Marlo Burghardt
Hits Since 2/21/07