Bed and Breakfast
Crested Butte, Colorado
You are cordially invited...
To experience the old-world elegance and comfort of the Elk Mountain Lodge,
Crested Butte's Historic Inn. Built in 1919 as a miner's hotel, the Lodge is a
reflection of Crested Butte's historic past.
Completely and beautifully renovated, the Lodge boasts 19 rooms each with a private
bathroom, color cable television, and telephone with voice-mail and dataport. Queen, twin,
double and king beds are available. All rooms are individually decorated.
Third floor rooms have balconies with spectacular views of Crested Butte and the
surrounding Elk Mountains. Guests also enjoy the Lobby Bar open each
evening, the Indoor Hot Tub Room, free ski and bike storage, and complimentary
breakfast served each morning.
The lodge is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood surrounded by historic
residences, yet only two blocks from the town's "main street," Elk Avenue, two
blocks from the shuttle to Mt. Crested Butte Ski Area, and four blocks from the
groomed alpine ski trails!
A Deluxe Continental
breakfast is served including rotating scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles or French toast .
An assortment of breads, bagels, jam, fresh fruit, homemade granola, yogurt, fresh juice,
tea, cocoa, coffee, fresh baked goods and homemade snacks are served daily.
- Deluxe Continental breakfast served from 7:30 to 9:00. An assortment of cereal, granola,
yogurt, fresh fruit, bread, bagels, and rotating pancakes, waffles, French toast and eggs
are served. The Elk Mountain Lodge serves gourmet Camp 4 Coffee
- No breakfast served from ski area closing day to Mid May and November 1st to ski Area
- 3rd Floor rooms offer balconies with outstanding views
- All rooms offer private bath, phone with voicemail, hair dryer and Cable TV
- Wireless internet service
- A guest computer with free high speed internet is available. Fax also available
- The Lodge bar is open from 3:30 to 10:30 pm. An outstanding selection of premium beer,
wine and spirits is maintained
- Complimentary coffee and tea are available all day with cookies most afternoons
- Private parking next to lodge
- Guests enjoy the lobby piano, library and assortment of local maps
- Free ski and bike storage
- Large indoor hot-tub
- Free ski shuttle 1 ½ blocks away
- Discounted lift tickets
- Friendly staff with great knowledge of local trails and restaurants
The lodge bar is
open nightly from 3:00pm to 11:00pm. An outstanding selection of premium beer, wine
and spirits is maintained. The bar provides guests a little nook for a before dinner drink
or after dinner aperitif.
Conferences and Meetings
The Elk Mountain Lodge offers a full service catering
experience for groups and conferences. We cater to all kinds of gatherings including
business conferences, cocktail parties, and wedding receptions.
The Lodge is a charming and cozy location to host these
events. Business conferences held in the past have been complimented for their relaxing
atmosphere and all wedding groups have enjoyed having a big lodge all to themselves. We
have had nothing but compliments on our service and have become a favorite spot for locals
to put up their families and friends when they get married. The Lodge
has hosted numerous local music events and is open to hosting any event you may have.
Their is a full service bar and many catering options available. Anything from small
cocktail parties to plated dinners for 40 people can be arranged. Restrictions apply to
events without lodging during the high season.
Please contact Mike at the Lodge.
- All reservations are secured with a 50% deposit. We will accept personal checks. The
balance will be applied to your card the night before you check out unless you wish to pay
- A 14 day cancellation notice is required for a full refund less a 10% processing fee.
For a cancellation with less than 14 days notice the deposit will be retained as the
cancellation fee. For a cancellation with less than 5 days notice the full amount will be
- Large group reservations require a 90 day cancellation notice.
- Rooms are double occupancy. Three people are permitted in certain rooms only.
- Children over 4 years of age are welcome. Please get manager's approval for children
- Sorry, no pets.
- No Smoking permitted in the lodge. There is a porch outside to smoke on.
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM. If arriving after 9:00 PM please let us know.
- Check-out time is 10:30 AM
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
A stay at The Elk Mountain
Lodge is like being a member of the Innkeeper's extended family. The recent renovation of
this historic miner's hotel still leaves the old charm of the turn of the century
Hits Since 6/11/00