Bed & Breakfast Inn
Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Imagine a two storybook Victorian homes and an original
carriage house filled with antiques and family heirlooms. In 1902, Mrs. Isabel Holden, the
widow of former rancher and prosperous Colorado Springs businessman Daniel M. Holden,
built this Colonial Revival Victorian and carriage house. The Holdens owned considerable
mining interests in the Colorado towns of Aspen, Cripple Creek, Goldfield, Silverton and
Independence for which the five guest suites are named. The memories of Isabel and her
family live on today in Holden House.
Centrally located in a residential
area near Old Colorado City, the inn is convenient to all of the Pikes Peak area.
Each of our deluxe guest suites feature a sitting area, private bath, in-room gas fireplace (winter), central air conditioning (summer), oversized bubble bath "tub for two", color/cable TV with DVD player, telephone/modem and high-speed wireless internet, cd player/radio, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, private label amenities and your own refrigerator.
Aspen Suite - The open beamed turret with hand painted sky mural, see through fireplace, private sitting area, mountain view and oversized "tub for two" make this suite a honeymooner's dream. Snuggle up in the comfortable reading nook with a good book, indulge in the garden "tub for two" (bubbles included!), and awake in your queen four-poster brass bed. The bath also includes a separate marble shower. Decorated in ivy wallpaper with accents of blue and rose, this suite gives the feeling of sleeping in a garden. Ask about our 2 night "breakfast in bed" Romance Package. Romance Package (2 night minimum) additional $15.00 charge plus room rate.
Cripple Creek Suite - Our newest suite (formerly the Leadville and Cripple Creek rooms) is a lovely two room suite reminiscent of elegance and romance. From the old fashioned white iron queen bed to the marble topped Victorian dresser, the mountain view to the mahogany fireplace, the private sitting area to the Roman marble "tub for two", the private bath with fluted porcelain pedastal sink to the separate marble shower, this suite offers the best of everything. Decorated in hues of deep blue and soft white with floral touches, this room offers a touch of Springtime in the Rockies. Ask about our 2 day "breakfast in bed" Romance Package. Romance Package (2 night minimum) additional $15.00 charge plus room rate.
Also available are the Goldfield and Silverton suites in the Carriage House and the Independence Suite in the adjacent Rose Victorian including the luxury suite selected as one of Country Inns - Waverly Room of the Year!
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
We also offer an afternoon wine social, 24 hour coffee/tea, and our famous "bottomless cookie jar". Full gourmet breakfast is included and served in the elegant formal dining room, or in the privacy of your suite, for an additional charge.
Enjoy relaxing in our many common areas; the beautiful living room with antique tile fireplace and wingback chairs, elegant front parlor, verandahs with white wicker furniture, porch swings, views of our cottage garden and the mountain foothills, and our "secret" back garden with gazebo and fountains. We also have the modern convenience of a business center for those needing the use of a computer. Come and see for yourself why Holden House has been selected as the "Best B&B for an Anniversary/Honeymoon" by Arrington's Inn Traveler magazine. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, we have the perfect accommodations for you!
Gourmet breakfasts, served in the elegant formal dining room, might
include freshly baked Cinnamon Streusel muffins, Sallie's famous Southwestern Eggs Fiesta,
fresh fruit, gourmet coffee, tea and juice. Complimentary refreshments, our legendary
bottomless cookie jar, and turndown service are just some of the special touches you'll
find here. We'll be happy to help you plan your itinerary around the many activities in
the Pikes Peak Region. Friendly resident InnCats 'Mingtoy' and 'Muffin' will greet you.
The inn's AAA 3 diamond and Mobil 3 star Awards will assure that your stay is a pleasant
Holden House is just minutes from the many
adventures in the Pikes Peak Area...
Pikes Peak Highway/Cog Railway
Historic Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs
United States Air Force Academy
Garden of the Gods Park
Olympic Training Center/Complex
Cheyenne Canon and Seven Falls hiking trails
Royal Gorge Bridge/Railway
Cripple Creek Historic District and Gaming
Cave of the Winds
Whitewater Rafting, Horseback Riding, Cycling, Hiking and outdoor fun
and much, much more!
Rates and Policies:
- Resident cats Mingtoy & Muffin, the real owners of Holden House, look on the inn as their own and do not permit guest pets.
- For the comfort of guests, Holden House is a non smoking inn.
- We are unable to provide suitable accommodations for children.
- Advance reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment.
- Check in hours are normally from 4-6 P.M. We ask that advance arrangements be made for arrivals after 6 P.M. as we like to personally welcome and greet our guests. So that all guests can enjoy the peace and quiet of the inn, check ins are usually not permitted past 9 P.M.
- Check out time is 11 A.M.
- Rates: $100-165
- Daily rates include lodging and full gourmet breakfast.
- Rates are for single or double occupancy.
- Regulations limit guestroom occupancy to maximum of 2 persons.
- Occupancy tax not included.
- Payment by cash, traveler's check, VISA, MC, Discover, American Express and Diner's Club/Carte Blanche are accepted.
- Minimum consecutive night stay required on all weekends, holidays, special events and during high season.
- Stays for single nights are subject to space availability or may be booked 2 days prior to the requested reservation date if available.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Special policy applies to group reservations.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy
- To avoid disappointment, advance reservations are recommended. A first night or 50% deposit (whichever is more) is required to hold the reservation. Check deposits can be used if the reservation is made more than 1 month in advance and checks must be received within one week after the reservation is made or the reservation will be cancelled. An advance deposit on a valid credit card will confirm the reservation immediately and will be charged at the time the reservation is made. A written confirmation will be sent upon deposit receipt. Certain rules apply to holidays and special events.
- Due to the inn's limited number of rooms, cancellations of all confirmed reservations must be made 8 days (1 month-holidays/special events) in advance of the scheduled arrival date or your deposit will not be refunded. If reserved rooms are rebooked for the same dates as the originally scheduled reservation, your deposit will be returned less a $15 charge. All cancellations and reservation date changes are subject to a $15 handling charge regardless of date of cancellation or change. Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved, regardless of actual arrival or departure date. Full payment by cash, traveler's check or credit card is due upon arrival.
- Please check your written confirmation carefully for correct dates and room information.
Holden House 1902
Bed & Breakfast Inn
1102 W. Pikes Peak Avenue
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80904
(719) 471-3980 (888) 565-3980
Innkeepers: Sallie & Welling Clark
|Click here for more
Map and Directions
Hits Since 6/11/00