Old Town Chicago
Bed & Breakfast / Vacation Rental
only Mobil Travel Guide 3-Star B&B, this sumptuously outfitted west wing of a
1999 art deco mansion on a leafy residential street in downtown Chicago affords unmatched
sleek, modern elegance in a neighborhood setting. A solid,
self-contained 3,250 square foot Marcel Freides city house, Old Town Chicago Bed &
Breakfast is uniquely well suited in Chicago as a vacation rental / corporate retreat.
located in the affluent Old Town / Lincoln Park neighborhood, Old Town
Chicago Bed & Breakfast / Vacation Rental is 2 miles north of the financial
district, a mile north of North Michigan Avenue shopping, 1.5 miles north of the
Merchandise Mart and 5 miles from McCormick Place. The Wells Street restaurant /
entertainment strip is 2 blocks east, the Chicago Historical Society and Lincoln Park -
the park - 4 blocks away, North Avenue Beach on Lake Michigan, 6 blocks and Lincoln Park
Zoo and Lincoln Park Conservatory, 8 blocks.
Each of 4 guest bedrooms has a queen bed with
top-of-the-line mattress, a private in-room bath, private line telephone, answering
machine, cable TV & VCR, walk-in closet with rated wall safe and seating area. Twin or
portable beds provide accommodation for extra guests.
Generous common areas, shared only by other
guests, feature a 45 foot living room / dining room with sumptuous furniture
and significant art, big screen TV and VCR, large video collection, phonograph with
extensive 33 RPM record collection, Baldwin grand piano with player function, marble
fireplace, board games and radio with CD player. A fully equipped chef's kitchen with a
full range of Calphalon cookware, rooftop gardens, study, penthouse sitting area, laundry
room and workout room round out the common areas.
- Single room rates, based on single or double occupancy, typically range from $185 to $275 per night depending on room.
- Vacation rental whole house rates, with 4 bedrooms and exclusive use of the guest quarters, are typically $750 to $1100 per night.
- Rates may be adjusted up or down for length of stay, time of the year, peak event dates and, if a whole house rental, number of guests and planned use of the house.
- Rates include 24-hour expanded continental breakfast, brief local telephone calls and permits for parking on our 2-block long restricted parking street.
|Our generous larder is open 24 hours for
breakfast & snacks. We always stock plenty of orange juice, milk, premium
coffee, assorted teas, hot chocolate, yogurt, a fine quality bagel, cream cheese, bread,
peanut butter and jams, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, cookies, microwave popcorn,
instant soups, Ramen noodles, and candy. Breakfast and snacks are taken any time at
guests pleasure. Guests are welcome to enjoy the kitchen and extend the bed &
breakfasts offerings with food and drink of their choice.
Other area attractions
and activities include: ~~~~~~ Within 1-1.5
miles: Rush Street restaurants & entertainments, Second City
Improvisational Group, John Hancock Observatory, Steppenwolf Theater, Jazz Showcase at 59
W. Grand, Oak Street shopping, American Girl Place, Ambria, Frontera Grill, and Charlie
Trotter's. ~~~~~~ Within
2-2.5 miles: The Loop financial district, Museum of
Contemporary Art, Navy Pier / Chicago Shakespeare Theater, House of Blues, Kingston Mines,
Chicago Architectural Foundation & Other Guided Walking and Boat Tours, Chicago
Symphony Orchestra, Lyric Opera of Chicago, Goodman Theater and Sears Tower.
- We are uniquely well suited in
Chicago as a vacation rental / corporate retreat. We have been host to
numerous family gatherings and corporate clients, including Trans Union, British
Petroleum, Brown Shoes, Ex Libris & Dianne's Desserts.
- Our guest quarters kitchen, for
exclusive use of guests, is open 24 hours for breakfast & snacks. Help yourself to bagels & cream cheese, premium coffee,
teas, juice, fruit, yogurt, jams & peanut butter, cookies, candy and instant soups,
noodles & popcorn.
- Chicago OHare and
Midway airports are 15 and 12 miles distant and connected to the bed &
breakfast with cheap and efficient public transit. If you are driving in, we provide you
with permits for on-street parking.
- Nearby top-tier
restaurants include: Gibsons Steakhouse 1028 N Rush 312-266-8999; Frontera
Grill 445 N Clark 312-661-1434; Ambria 2300 Lincoln Park West 773-472-5959; Spiaggia 980 N
Michigan 312-280-2750; Charlie Trotter's 816 W Armitage 773-248-6228; Everest 440 S
- Jazz and blues clubs
within a mile or 2 include: The Jazz Showcase 57 W Grand; The Backroom 1007
N Rush; Kingston Mines 2548 N Halsted; The House of Blues 329 N Dearborn; Buddy Guy's
Legends 754 S Wabash.
Inspected and Approved
Mobil Travel Guide Member
- Reservation in advance is required and must be secured with a valid credit card. We accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of credit card approval for a deposit for the cost of the first and last nights' lodging, including tax, or 50% of the total cost of the stay, whichever is greater. The deposit will be charged to the credit card offered and is subject to our cancellation policy. The balance is due upon arrival.
- Reservations may be subject to minimum stay requirements. See below.
- To request a reservation, fill out ourReservation Request Form on our Homepage or Email us at email@example.com. You may also Phone us at 1-312-440-9268, or FAX us at 1-312-440-2378.
- Check In and Check Out
- Check in is at any time at guests' pleasure. However, a specific time needs to set by prior arrangement with the hosts. Guests are responsible for arriving at the time agreed upon.
- Room check out is at 11:00 AM. Baggage check out is by arrangement and at the convenience of guests.
- Minimum Stay Requirements
- For Single Room Reservations Booked:
For Whole House Reservations, a 3 to 5 night minimum stay is generally required.
- More than one week in advance, a 3 night minimum stay is generally required.
- More than one month in advance, a 4 to 5 night minimum stay is generally required.
- More than six months in advance, a 7 night minimum stay is generally required.
- Shorter stay reservations may be available at any time. Please inquire.
Peak Dates: Longer minimum stays may be required during peak dates.
- Reservation deposits are determined nonrefundable as of four weeks prior to arrival date for single room bookings and eight weeks prior to arrival date for multiple room and whole house bookings.
- After a deposit is determined nonrefundable, a refund will be made only to the extent that rooms can be re-booked, less a service charge of one night's stay, including tax, for each room reserved.
- For any other cancellation, there is a service charge of 10% of deposit with a $25 per room minimum.
Wireless Internet Now Available at All Points in the House
Old Town Chicago Bed & Breakfast /
Vacation Rental is a member of the following associations:
Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau
Professional Association of Innkeepers International
Hits Since 8/27/01