Harbor Castlemaine Inn
Bed and Breakfast
Bar Harbor, Maine
Castlemaine Inn B&B is
a beautifully restored bed and breakfast located on a quiet
side street in the village of Bar Harbor, Maine, an easy walk to shops, restaurants and
This historic Bar Harbor bed and breakfast
is a delightfully light and airy romantic Victorian inn with twisting corridors and
unexpected, sunny alcoves.
Enjoy the elegantly appointed rooms and suites
with private baths, CATV, VCR and AC.
Some rooms have whirlpools, balconies, and or fireplaces.
All rooms have king or queen beds (some have queen canopy beds)
and are decorated with fine linens. Antique pieces are sprinkled throughout the inn.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
A generous continental plus breakfast buffet is presented from
7:30 - 9:00 AM, with baked from scratch, all fresh ingredients, scones, muffins, breads
and coffee cake, as well as bagels, cream cheese, fresh fuit, cereals and a variety of
We rake, clean and package our own organic
Maine Wild Blueberries.
- Gracious hospitality
- Honeymoon suites with king beds, whirlpool tubs, fireplaces and french doors to decks
- Suites with whirlpool, fireplace and or balconies
- All suites & rooms have KG or Q beds, private baths, CATV, VCR and AC
- Continental plus buffet breakfast
- Antiques and fine linens
Three Diamond Award For Excellence
Rates and Policies
- Rates: Between $69 and $269
- Continental buffet breakfast included
- Children over fifteen are welcome
- Rates are based on double occupancy
- Extra person charge $25
- Cancellation fee $25
- $250 charge if smoking in room
- Check In: 2:00pm and 6:00pm
- Please, check out time is 10:30 a.m. promptly
- Sorry, no pets on premises
- Payment in full upon arrival
- Reservations are guaranteed upon receipt of payment for two nights or one half the total
due, whichever is the greater amount.
- There is no refund for later than scheduled arrival or earlier than scheduled departure.
We truly appreciate your business and gladly reserve this time for you. However, if
you cancel we must receive fifteen days notice prior to your arrival date to refund your
Dan and Dede Daigle are dedicated
to providing comfort and hospitality for all the guests at Castlemaine.
Full-time, live-in owner-innkeepers, they are on the property to maintain the level of
excellence they believe you deserve. If you have questions, special needs, or just want to
know more about the area, dont hesitate to ask.
Very Much To Do
Hiking, biking, climbing, and swimming
Strolling Bar Harbor's parks and shorepath
Golf galore at our famous and historic golf courses
Visit the fascinating Wild Gardens of Acadia
Walk the sandbar to Bar Island during low tide
Sea Kayaking for all levels by two local firms Canoeing and boat rental by several local
businesses Swimming in Echo Lake near Southwest Harbor
We are blessed, in and around Bar Harbor, to have a wide array of events that take place
indoors and out designed for evening and more casual interests. There are also sightseeing
busses and coaches providing tours to almost the entire island.
Our 4th of July parade and fireworks exhibition
Summer theater in both Bar Harbor and Somesville Bar Harbor Days with food &
Many museums displaying our island's history Plenty of interesting shops and galleries
Castlemaine Inn is a quiet and relaxing 19th century home that will make your vacation a
Bed and Breakfast
39 Holland Avenue
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Innkeepers: Dede and Dan Daigle
Hits Since 6/17/04