Bed & Breakfast
Atop the World Famous
CHICK and RUTH's DELLY
Enjoy the good old days with
In the heart of Maryland, overlooking picturesque Chesapeake Bay, historic Annopolis emanates a Colonial atmosphere and the tradition it still holds. Annapolis is most famous for being the "Sailing Capital of the World" and one of the primary stops of the notoriously famous Round-the-World boat race known as the Whitbread.
The Scotlaur Inn offers ten beautifully decorated, old-fashioned guest rooms in the heart of Annapolis. The Scotlaur Inn and Chick & Ruth's Delly (where breakfast is served) are the oldest family-owned businesses of their types in the historic district of Annapolis operated by the same family. We take pride in serving over 3 generations of families.
Every morning you can join in, in our restaurant when our staff and guests say the
pledge to the flag of the United States of America. This has been a family tradition for
many years. A full breakfast is included in room rate (except during Boat Shows and
Graduations). Breakfast is served in Chick & Ruth's Delly.
You can relax on one of the many boat rides available on the Chesapeake Bay or take a shot at the best rock fishing in the world. Stroll the City Dock, enjoy the wonderful souvenir shops, 18th century mansions and comfortable weather for which Annapolis is known. World Class restaurants are just minutes away from The Scotlaur Bed & Breakfast. Tours of the historic Maryland State House and Paca Gardens are also among the many other fine places to visit!
Right around the corner is the United States Naval Academy, where the finest students become our finest naval officers. While you're still in town don't forget to take a tour of the State Capital Building which was once the Capital of the United States in the 1700's.
or Nearby Attractions & Activities
- Antique Shopping
- Art Galleries
- Historical Interests
- Live Music
- Movie Theater
- Picnic Area
- Hiking Trails
- Bicycle Riding Trails
- Sight Seeing
Our Inn's ten beautifully decorated guest
rooms offer the look and feel of the early 1900s.
Our 10 beautifully decorated guest rooms offer the look and feel of the early 1900's. All 10 rooms have Private Baths, Color TVs, Telephones, Wireless Internet Access and Air Conditioning.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
- Guest Information:
- Rates are between $85.00 and $175.00.
- Special winter and group rates (ask Ted or Beth for information).
- Children welcome
- MasterCard and Visa accepted
- Check-in: 2:00 p.m.
- Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- No smoking
- Cancellations must be made 14 days prior to arrival. Deposits are refundable, less a $10 cancellation fee as long as it is done more than 14 days from the arrival date.
- With less than 14 days notice, guest are responsible for the entire length of their stay unless we rebook the room.
- Deposits for Boat Shows, Navy Graduations, Herndon week & groups of 4 or more rooms are non refundable at the time of booking, and can only be refunded if rebooked for entire length of stay.
- Cancellations for Boat Shows, Navy Graduations, Herndon week & groups of 4 or more must be made 120 days prior to arrival date. With less than 120 days notice you will be responsible for payment for entire stay unless rooms are rebooked.
Cancellations for Labor Day, Memorial Day weekends, New Years Eve, Plebe Induction Day, 4th of July, Parents Weekend at USNA, must be made 60 prior to arrival date. With less than 60 days notice you will be responsible for payment for the entire stay unless rooms are rebooked.
- All regular reservations must be confirmed with a one night deposit charged to your credit card. Balance is due at check in.
- For Boat Shows & Naval Academy Graduation, & groups of 4 or more, balance will be charged to your credit card 60 days prior to check in.
- Breakfast is included with all reservations except US Boat Shows & Naval Academy Graduation. During those two events, guests will be served coffee & fresh baked muffins in their rooms free, upon request.
- We give preferred seating to all Inn guests, but please understand we need your full party present to be seated when the restaurant is busy.
- Parking: Park in the Noah Hillman parking lot right behind the Scotlaur Inn / Chick & Ruth's Delly. Entrances off Main St. or Duke of Gloucester St. See our directions page.. We will give you a stamp to stick on your parking ticket that will give you 1/2 price on your parking. (The sticker is only good for one use).
- No smoking anywhere in the building or balcony!
Check in after 2 pm Monday through Friday and 3 pm Saturday & Sunday. (Check-in desk is in Chick & Ruth's Delly where you will be having breakfast. For late check in after we are closed, we will send instruction on how to obtain a key in our confirmation letter. Check out 11 am.
Hits Since 7/28/00