The Centerboard Inn
Bed and Breakfast
Come and experience the romance of our casually elegant boutique hotel - located in the heart of Nantucket's majestic Historic
Beautifully remodeled in January 2012 with an eye toward high-end luxury, the Centerboard Inn is a truly
exceptional place to stay on the Faraway Isle!
Formerly a whaling captain's family manse, the 1886 Victorian building was completely remodeled in 2012 with an eye towards comfortable luxury. We have 7 guest rooms, including a luxury suite and our unique House Boat room ideal for friends and families, including children. Wireless internet access throughout
Each guest room was remodeled in 2012 and has an individual refrigerator, flat-screen television with cable, air conditioning, and a beautiful private bath featuring Malin+Goetz spa products and delicious Frette towels and bathrobes.
We consulted with professionals to ensure that our beds are the most luscious and inviting on the island!
In 2012, all guest beds were remade with fine linens - Frette sheets and Matouk blankets and duvet covers, sumptuous down duvets now top all beds along with fluffy, fresh down pillows (down alternatives are available if you have allergies)
Click Here To Check on Room Availability
A substantial Continental Breakfast is provided from 8 to 10 AM each morning. Awaken to the aroma of Nantucket Coffee Roasters coffee and fresh baked goodies accompanied by our InnKeeper's house-made granola, fresh fruit, juices, and more! Our Keurig machine affords many other hot beverage options. Room Service Breakfast is available on request
Our LOCATION is ideal . . . close enough to reach the bustle of Main Street in a 3-5 minute walk yet far enough away for perfectly peaceful slumber! Nestled on a corner at the intersection of Chester and Centre Streets, at the foot of legendary Cliff Road, the Inn is a short stroll or bike ride from ferries, beaches, restaurants, shops, museums and galleries.
- SPORTS . . . Golf, tennis, boating, deep-sea and surf fishing, swimming, surfing, paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing, etc.
- BIKE . . . Rent a bike and tour the island yourself using the many bike paths that traverse the island. Nantucket is only 14 miles long and 3 miles wide and bikes are the main mode of transportation in the summer months. You can rent a bike for a few hours or a few days. You can even rent a bicycle built for two!
- NATURE . . . Whale-watching, seal-watching, bird-watching, star-gazing, and an endless variety of nature tours by boat, foot and vehicles - Nantucket is a spectacular place to enjoy the bounty and beauty of nature. Take a guided tour or take a long walk and enjoy!
- SHOP . . . at a wide variety of clothiers, specialty boutiques, art and antique galleries.
- DINE . . . Nantucket is home to many world-class restaurants, reservations are recommended for these. As for casual dining, Nantucket has something for everyone including coffee shops, bakeries, delis, burger joints, pizza parlors, family restaurants, pubs, and, of course, seafood!
- FESTIVALS . . . Beginning with the Daffodil Festival,- the unofficial start of the Season on Nantucket - in April, and ending with Christmas Stroll in December, Nantucket hosts a large number of Festivals and Special Events.
There is truly something for everyone on our beautiful island!
About Nantucket Island
Historic Nantucket Island is the crown jewel of the entire New England region. Just 26 miles off the coast of Eastern Massachusetts, Nantucket is easily accessible by air and sea - high-speed passenger ferries and vehicular ferries from Hyannisport, MA, shuttle flights from Barnstable, MA and major airlines. Chief among Nantucket’s many attractions are more than 50 miles of natural, undeveloped beaches. Nantucket is also home to top-shelf boutiques and clothiers, world-class restaurants, and galleries galore, most located in the historic Town center with its Old World Charm and architecture, cobblestone streets, and absolutely no "chain" stores. The athletic will enjoy miles of bike and walking paths, golf, tennis, deep-sea fishing, and every watersport imaginable.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Deposits will be refunded when notice of cancellation is received at least 15 days prior to arrival date, less 10% of the full reservation's room charge.
- Other Policies:
- Cancellation Policy: Deposits will be refunded when notice of cancellation is received at least 15 days prior to arrival date, less 10% of the full reservation's room charge.
- Check-In: Check-In Time is 3:00pm or earlier if room is ready. Otherwise, guests who arrive early may leave their luggage and return later.
- Check-Out: Check-Out Time is 11:00am
- No Smoking
- No Wheelchair Access
- No Pets
- Children are welcome
Lyn Francis is our InnKeeper Extraordinaire; welcoming, attentive, informative and helpful. Lyn will make sure that your visit to the Faraway Isle is absolutely perfect!
Hits Since 2/1/12