at Tanglewood Hall
Bed & Breakfast
York Harbor, Maine
is a fifteen room shingled "cottage", elegant in its wooded
surroundings and carefully chosen furnishings.
Whether a gateway for exploring New Englands vibrant fall foliage, blossoming
spring, wintry wonderlands, or sandy summer beaches,
we invite you to share quintessential charm throughout the seasons in the relaxed comfort
and friendly atmosphere of our 1880s York Harbor Bed and Breakfast
Relax in the reflective timeless ambiance of a gone-bye era with todays
amenities. Our guest rooms are large and spacious with completely renovated private baths,
hairdryers, and naturally scented glycerine soaps. Each room is air-conditioned, and some
offer fireplaces, private porches or sitting rooms, refrigerators, and ceiling fans.
In-room Widescreen LCD Cable TVs with DVD Players and free Wireless High Speed Internet
access is available for those who wish to spend time in more modern modes.
Built in 1889, it has
been the summer home to Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey and was a York Historical Society Decorator
Show House welcoming over 7,000 people - each room uniquely designed offering many
Our home is an
intimate and reflective setting with comfortable parlors, large verandah, and garden areas
to relax in.
B&B is set amongst tall oak trees and enchanted
gardens and fountains.
All guest rooms are large
and spacious with private baths that have been completely renovated. Some offer private
sitting rooms, porches, or gas fireplaces.
Each guest room is air conditioned and some have ceiling fans. We also have high speed
internet access available - both wired and wireless.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
Enjoy a bountiful gourmet breakfast on our gracious wraparound veranda facing the
gardens and woodlands surrounded by birds chirping and the scent of ocean sea breezes.
Inside, an airy sky blue parlor is ajoined to the cheerful morning room and the
sun-drenched dining room, all with fireplaces. A large foyer and a hideaway room accent
the antique and art-filled downstairs with a grand staircase leading to intimate guest
rooms on the mezzanine and second floor.
- All Rooms Include Updated Private Baths
- Luxurious Tempurpedic Topped Queen Beds
- Hypoallergenic Down Comforters & Pillos
- Private porches & sitting rooms
- Wood and Gas fireplaces
- Individually air-conditioned guestrooms
- Wireless highspeed internet
- Luxurious linens/fluffy towels
- Fluffy Egyptian Cotton Towels & Hairdryers
- In-room hair dryers
- Custom-made glycerin soaps
- LCD Cable Widescreen DVD/TVs
- Area restaurant menu guides
- Area walking tours and maps
- Smoke Free Inn
- Late arrival arrangements
ocean is a short walk away.
A cliff path is just
around the corner that provides views of open ocean and Maine's rugged coastline. Enjoy
watching lobster boats and sloops sail in and out of the harbor or just sun your self on
The path brings you to York Harbor Beach.
Or, walk just down the road to a pebble beach to view the famous Nubble Lighthouse at Cape
Long Sands, a much larger beach is about a half mile down the road.
Historical tours, outlet
shopping, antiquing, hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing are all popular activities
Our rates range from
$95.00 to $205.00
Discounts available Spring and midweek in Fall
- Children:over twelve are preferred. Please call us for exceptions. We offer a quiet
peaceful retreat for all of our guests. There are many fragile collections and antiques
throughout the inn and we have been honored to host many wonderful kids here. However, we
do ask all parents to thoughtfully evaluate their children's personal supervisionary needs
before considering this inn. We do have deluxe queen and twin Aerobeds available for
- No pets, please.
- Smoking: Tanglewood Hall is a smoke free Inn. No smoking within the house or on the
porches. Smoking is allowed in the garden, lawn, and woodland areas.
- Two-night minimum stay on weekends generally from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus
Day, please contact us for exceptions.
- Three-night minimum applies to selected holidays. (However, rooms will be sold for a
shorter period of time if available).
- Reservations: .We require a one night's stay or 50% deposit (whichever is larger) for
each room to be processed at the time of your reservation. This deposit shall apply to
your last night(s) stay. The balance is due upon your arrival at Check-in.
- Payment: We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Cash. Prices are subject to
Maine Lodging Tax of 7%. Gift Certificates are also available for lodging redemptions
- Check-in: Between Between 3:00PM and 6:00PM only, unless special arrangements have been
confirmed with advance notice. .
- Check-out: Anytime before 11AM
- Cancellations: Unlike most Bed and Breakfasts, if circumstances for a cancellation
are deemed warranted, a courtesy Gift Certificate may be issued for a future stay at the
Innkeeper's discretion. Otherwise: Notice given 14 days (or more) prior to a room
reservation will receive a full refund less a $25.00 credit card handling fee.
Cancellations within the 14-day period will incur a loss of deposit. Last minute
cancellations (within 3 days of the reservation) will result in a charge for the entire
reserved stay. We regretfully can not grant refunds for early departures. .
Gift Certificates Are
Gift certificates can be purchased over the phone via Master Card and Visa.
A Tanglewood Hall Gift
Certificate makes a wonderful Holiday, Birthday or Anniversary present. Gift certificates
are also a great way to say "thanks" to that special employee!