Lake House at Ferry Point
Bed & Breakfast
Sanbornton, New Hampshire
Welcome to Lake House at Ferry Point.
We are pleased to be your premier New Hampshire bed and breakfast for rest, activities and nature on Lake Winnisquam.
A short drive from Laconia, New Hampshire, The Lake House at Ferry Point Inn is the only lakefront bed and breakfast in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region.
On our quiet, scenic property, you will be treated to idyllic views of Lake Winnisquam and its glistening water, our luscious gardens, and guardian mountains in the distance. With nature at our doorstep and many attractions nearby, The Lake House at Ferry Point is the perfect New Hampshire Inn.
At our lake front location you will enjoy relaxing on the big front porch, or, if you prefer a more activity-filled B&B getaway, we are conveniently located near all of the best attractions that Laconia, Gilford, and the surrounding area has to offer. You will love our comfortable ambiance, delectable breakfasts and warm hospitality.
We present a calming getaway in our various guest rooms for lakeside relaxation.
The decor of all
rooms at the Inn feature:
Antique furniture - Lovely co-ordinating wallpapers - Private bathrooms - Wonderful lake
Oriental style rugs
Each guest room is stocked with Tarocco soap, moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner. “Tarocco” is a Sicilian fruit with a light orange scent. The products are rich in antioxidants that are sure to leave you feeling replenished and refreshed.
to Check on Room Availability
Our living room has a big screen TV for your enjoyment. After a fulfilling day of activities, we invite you to spend time inside watching TV with other guests or to curl up with a good book from our library. We also offer a game table for chess, checkers, jigsaw puzzles and board games for indoor entertainment. The surrounding area offers a vast array of outdoor activities and attractions but sometimes staying in is helpful for relaxation.
Breakfast is served from 8:00-9:30am. For our early risers, we have coffee and tea available at all hours to enjoy in your guest room, dining room, fireside in the beautiful living room, or outdoors on the magnificent front porch, gazebo, or gardens, enjoying the beautiful views of the lake.
Breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking glittering Lake Winnisquam. Guests at Lake House at Ferry Point can start each day with a cup of fresh coffee or tea, a variety of juices and a decadent breakfast.
While Jeannette’s “You Don’t Have to Be From The South to Like Grits Casserole” is one of her favorites to prepare, our entire menu range receives gleaming reviews.. Guests love the frozen fruit salads and the “Blueberry Surprise French Toast” leave them wanting to come back for more. This feeling is exactly what we hope our dedication will evoke from you!
We offer an impressive assortment of flavorful breakfast options at
Lake House at Ferry Point.
Lake House at Ferry Point supports local farmers and we are delighted to use fresh ingredients and produce for our breakfast creations. As New Hampshire is famous for its maple syrup, we proudly serve rich, extra dark amber syrup from Just Maple sugar house right down the road, to please your palate and to give you a taste of what New Hampshire has to offer.
Homemade brownies or cookies are always nearby. During your stay with us, your sweet tooth will be indulged by a variety of treats, including our chocolate chip pecan cookies.
Rates and Policies
- Room Rates: Room rates assume single or double occupancy and include morning juice and coffee, a full breakfast and complimentary use of common areas. Room rates are reviewed periodically and subject to change. Although every effort is made to keep all stated rates on the internet and in print accurate, stated rates in affect at time of booking will supersede any rates printed on the website, print material or other sources that are outdated or in error. We appreciate you bringing any rate discrepancies to our attention.
- Advanced Reservations: Advanced reservations are strongly recommended so that you are able to visit us on your preferred date and stay in your preferred guest room.
- Minimum Stay Policy: A two-night minimum stay is generally required for Friday and Saturday night check-ins. However, please call to see if it is possible to honor your one-night request that may be granted under certain circumstances. Some holidays may require a three-night stay.
- Advanced Deposit: A deposit in the amount of one night or 50% of the stay, whichever is greater, is required at time of booking. If paying by check or money order, your reservation will be held for seven days for the check to be received. If using a Lake House at Ferry Point gift certificate, a valid credit card to hold the reservation will still be required if the amount of the gift certificate does not equal the entire reservation cost.
- Cancellation Policy: As a small property, cancellations affect us greatly. In the unfortunate event that you must change or cancel any part of your reservation, notice of 10 days or greater is required to refund the advanced deposit (less $25 processing fee). Guests will be responsible for all charges as originally booked if changes or cancellations are received less than 10 days in advance of the stated arrival. If cancellation is a possibility we would suggest the purchase of travel insurance. A 30-day cancellation notice is required on whole house bookings and for holidays and special events.
- Check-In/Check Out Times: Our preferred check-in time is any time between 3 and 8 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m. If you know that you will be arriving after 8 p.m., please call the Inn to make arrangements for a late check-in. Early check-ins may be considered only with advanced notice. Likewise if you require a later check-out, please make arrangements with us in advance. The Inn has a small window of time between check-out and check-in time to prepare our Inn for our new arrivals. We greatly appreciate your respect for both our 11 a.m. check out time and our 3 p.m. check in time. We recognize travel schedules have variability and will gladly store your luggage, allow you to park your car on premise or give you access to our common areas including powder room to facilitate your schedule.
- Smoking: The Lake House is a smoke-free bed and breakfast Inn. There is no smoking allowed inside the building. Smoking is allowed outside at designated areas.
- Pets: Although the innkeepers love animals, out of respect for all of our guests, the Lake House does not allow animals..
- Children: Although guests with children 13 years or older are welcome at the Lake House, we cater primarily to couples, families with older children and individuals on business or looking for a respite from the hectic pace of today’s world. Specific guest rooms are better suited for a 3rd person in a room as they can accommodate twin beds or a roll-away or by location minimize the pitter-patter of little feet on the comfort of other guests.
- Prevailing Lodging Tax: All reservations and meal add-ons are subject to the State of New Hampshire’s prevailing Meals and Room Tax requirements. Current rates are 9% lodging and prepared food.
Its central New Hampshire location makes for easy
day-trips to the surrounding states of Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. In addition, the
inn is only 90 minutes from Boston.
Distances From Major Cities:
Boston - 1-1/2 hours -
New York City - 5-1/2 hours
Manchester - 1 hour -
Portland - 2 hours
Hartford - 3-1/2 hours
Kennebunkport - 2 hours
to Check on Room Availability
The Lake Houe at Ferry Point B&B is a member of the
New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast Association
Laconia & Weirs Beach Chamber of Commerce
Lakes Region Bed & Breakfast Association
Professional Association of Innkeepers International
Meredith Chamber of Commerce
Hits Since 4/20/07