Widow McCrea House
Bed and Breakfast
Frenchtown, New Jersey
The Widow Frances McCrea welcomes you to Frenchtown New Jersey and her charming
Victorian Bed & Breakfast Inn.
Built by the Widow McCrea in the 1870's, renovated and restored by your hosts over a century later. The Widow McCrea House B&B offers Luxurious Accommodations with peace, quiet, comfort, and convenience to visitors of this historic and charming little community on the Delaware River.
The Widow McCrea house is located in Historic Hunterdon County, in the Delaware River Village of Frenchtown NJ. Just across the river from Historic Bucks County and only minutes from New Hope Pennsylvania & Lambertville New Jersey.
The Widow offers the perfect setting for a getaway weekend or
Our three Elegant Guest rooms are appointed with fine antiques, Queen sized feather beds and private baths, TV, High Speed Wireless Internet and In-Room Air Conditioning.
In the morning experience The Widow's Gourmet Candlelit Breakfast. Stroll to shops, galleries, restaurants and majestic riverscapes. Room amenities will vary based on the choice of room and rates. One night stays on weekends may be available. Please review rates and amenities before making your reservation. The Widow McCrea House is fully Wi-FI accessible.
Enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine by the fire.
Private Cottage and Suites
The Widow offers the perfect setting for a getaway weekend or romantic overnight. Stay with us in our Kase Family Cottage & Relax in your Private Gardens and Patio, or one of our Spacious Suites. Our Cottage & Suites are appointed with Antique Queen size Featherbed & Exquisite Antique Victorian furniture.
A working fireplace, framed in a carved oak mantle inlayed with hand-cast tiles, enhances your experience. Romantic oversized Jacuzzis accented with marble & Italian stonework. Choose our Anne-James Suite and experience our signature 3 course Gourmet Candlelit breakfast our stay in our Kase Family Cottage or Privacy Suite dine in the comfort of your own Suite. All rooms come with a Complimentary Bottle of Wine. Room amenities will vary based on the choice of room and rates. One night stays on weekends may be available. Widow McCrea House is fully Wi-FI accessible. Our Cottage is children & pet friendly.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
Corporate Retreat - Private Meeting Room
No Longer Business As Usual
Time and technology have vastly changed the manner in which we conduct business. The smallest office can be transformed into a virtual meeting room capable of providing worldwide communication - lessening the need for costly travel and unnecessary expenditures.
Circumstances Call For Special Meeting Spaces
To meet that need the Widow McCrea House now offers a unique setting in which to host business meetings and corporate retreats - providing an atmosphere that is conducive to creative thinking, constructive dialogue and an honest exchange of ideas. And because we are partnered with the areas leading supplier of Multi - Media Imaging equipment we can customize technical services to meet the specific needs of our customers - bridging the character and charm of the 19th century to the standards and demands of the 21st century.
The Widow McCrea House is fully Wi-FI accessible.
The Widow McCrea House Corporate Features:
- High Speed Wireless Internet Access in all our meeting & guest rooms.
- Handsome, professionally decorated rooms with featherbeds, fireplaces, air conditioning, private baths (some with Jacuzzis) & desks.
- A luxury cottage providing executive accommodations & additional meeting space.
- Spacious sitting areas in all suites & cottage, with desks, sofas & chairs.
- In-room telephone.
- Cable TV.
- Audio Visual rentals (on site).
- Facsimile equipment services available.
- Full or continental breakfasts served according to your schedule.
- Catered luncheon served in our Victorian dining room.
- Common room or outdoor patio available for after hours social functions.
- The Widow McCrea House is just a five minute stroll to Frenchtown's award winning restaurants,
romantic cafes, shops, galleries and river views.
- Flexible Check In times.
- Corporate rates available Monday through Thursday.
We are dedicated to providing our guests with exemplary service and hospitality, always attentive to their individual needs while being mindful of their privacy.
A two-minute walk will bring you to Frenchtown's charming shops, fine local restaurants and the scenic Delaware River. Relax on the porch and absorb the ambiance of our charming river community or stroll the town and shop for fine art, antiques, or almost anything else in our many diverse and varied quaint shops, galleries & restaurants.
Rent a bicycle built for two and pedal along the Delaware River's Historic Canal paths to pastoral settings and magnificent riverscapes. Return to the Widow's house to be fussed over by your hosts and ... to be watched over by the spirit of the grand lady…
Frenchtown and the surrounding area has many attractions and activities, including:
- Antique and gift shops
- Days Spas & Massage Therapy
- Outlet shopping in nearby Peddlers Village
- Numerous art galleries
- Fine Dining & Intimate Bistros
- Local Winery Tours & Tasting
- Micro Breweries & Brew Pubs
- Kayak & Canoe Paddle Creek Trips/Rentals
- River Tubing
- Balloon Rides
- Tinicum Park
- Ghost Walks in Historic New Hope PA
- Historic Canal Walks
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Rental equipment is available nearby for water sports
- Carriage ride through historic villages
- Museum Tours
- Moravian Pottery and Tile Works
- Ride on an old Steam Train
- Bucks County Playhouse
- Washington's Crossing Historic State Park
Gift Certificates Available
Rates and Policies
- Rates: $145 - $320
- Rates are quoted per night for single or double adult occupancy. Rooms that can accommodate more than two people, there will be an additional cost for each person.
- All rooms include a queen size feather bed, private bath & terry cloth robes.
- Weekend Rates include the Widow's Romantic Getaway Package.
- Mid-Week Rates do not include Breakfast or Widow's complementary bottle of wine
Breakfast will vary based on room & choice of package. Before making your reservation please check room amenities or contact us directly.
- One night stay on a weekend & Holidays maybe be subject to a higher rates. Please call for room rates and availability.
- Our low weekday rates do not include breakfast or bottle of wine.
- Our Romantic Getaway Package is available mid-week. Please call for details.
Minimum stay requirements vary.
- There may be an additional charge for less than minimum stays when available.
- Our Kase Family Cottage is appropriate for family with children under the age of 12 & canine pets. Not all of our rooms are appropriate for children & pets. We will only accept pets with advance notice. When accepting pets, an additional cost, deposit & security agreement will be required. Please inquire when you make your reservation.
- Higher rates may apply to Holidays and special events. Rates will change seasonally. Subject to change without notice.
- We are a non-smoking Inn. Smoking is permitted only on the open porch or outdoors.
- Check In: 3 PM to 6 PM. Arrivals later than 6pm will require advance notice.
- Check Out : 11 AM
- For the Comfort & Convenience Of All of Our Guests, our Jacuzzis have internal timers & will be turned off during sleeping hours between 11:00 pm & 9:00 am.
- We maintain a Smoke Free Environment.
- Payment due in full upon your arrival.
- Cancellation Policy
- A (15) days advance notice is required in the event of shortening or canceling your reservation to avoid incurring cancellation fees. Minimum (30) days advance notice is required when canceling a reservation with multiple rooms, special rate packages, a reservation that falls on a Holiday, local event weekends or a one night stay on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Cancellation Fees for a one night stay will be charged to your credit card for the full amount of your stay. Reservations that are for two or more nights will result in a charge of 50% of your reservation total. Cancellation charges will includes all taxes
- Cancellation within 24 hours of your arrival date will forfeit the entire amount of your reservation.
- In the event you must cancel your reservation with us, Inn policy requires all cancellation requests be submitted in writing to the following email address only: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event you do not receive a written confirmation reply back from our office, then your cancellation request has not been confirmed. Please call our office directly at (908) 996-4999 for assistance with your cancellation request.
- All online reservations will be considered as confirmed reservations. Our cancellation policy will apply.
- All payments made with a credit card will be subject to a connivance fee. We do except personal checks or cash for payment. Please inquire with in for for all fees
People are drawn to our lovely small town atmosphere.
Frenchtown NJ has recently been voted one of the top 8 destinations in NJ.
Come visit our charming riverside community and experience it for yourself.
The Widow McCrea House is a proud memeber of the following associations:
Frenchtown Business and Professional Association (FBPA)
Hits Since 5/6/13