Inn of the Turquoise Bear
Bed and Breakfast
Santa Fe, New Mexico
A historic bed & breakfast on the
Old Santa Fe Trail
The Inn of the Turquoise Bear Bed and Breakfast
in Santa Fe, New Mexico welcomes you!
The Inn of the Turquoise Bear occupies the home of Witter Bynner (1881-1968), who for decades was a prominent citizen of Santa Fe, actively participating in the cultural and political life of the city. Bynner's rambling adobe house, constructed in Spanish-Pueblo Revival style from a core of rooms that date to the mid-1800s, is considered one of Santa Fe's most important historical buildings. With its signature portico, tall pine trees, magnificent rock terraces, and gardens filled with lilacs, wild roses, and other flowers, the Inn offers guests a bucolic retreat close to the center of Santa Fe.
The Inn of the Turquoise Bear is an historic and romantic bed and breakfast located within walking distance to Santa Fe's Plaza as well as many of the cultural and entertainment attractions offered by this venerable city. Come experience our beautiful gardens, our charming amenities, and our outstanding service. You'll want to make your stay at the Inn of the Turquoise Bear bed and breakfast a tradition.
At a glance
- Six blocks to the Plaza
- Walking distance to Santa Fe's museums, galleries, shops, outstanding restaurants & cultural events
- Close to Santa Fe Opera, skiing, hiking, horseback riding, rafting, & Pueblo communities
- An acre of terraced gardens, old stone benches, meandering flagstone paths & soaring ponderosa pines, enclosed by adobe walls & coyote fences
- Eleven guest rooms/suites with southwest style
- Private entrances & romantic courtyards
- Kiva fireplaces with complimentary firewood (Oct 15 - May 15) & viga ceilings
- Full cooked to order hot breakfast
- Sunset refreshments
- Free Wi-Fi
- Phones, televisions & VCRs in each room
- Superior amenities - robes, flowers, fruit
- Extensive video & book libraries
- Inviting public rooms for quiet conversation, reading, relaxing, & listening to soft music
- Complimentary off-street parking
- In room wireless internet access
- Concierge services
- Pet Friendly - select rooms
- Complimentary local phone calls
Ralph Bolton & Robert Frost, the owners of the Witter Bynner Estate, have faithfully restored this magnificent property. Their goals - as innkeepers and as custodians of the home and land that Bynner loved - are to rekindle the spirit of excitement, creativity and hospitality for which this home was renowned in the past, to protect, restore and extend the legacy of its famous creator, and to provide their guests with the experience of a unique setting that captures the essence of traditional Santa Fe. They look forward to the privilege of serving as your hosts during your visit to Northern New Mexico.
Celebrities who have
been guests in this home:
W. H. Auden
Edna St. Vincent Millay
D. H. Lawrence
Oliver La Farge
J. B. Priestly
Carl Van Vechten
The entire Inn is available for tour groups and special events such as weddings,
commitment ceremonies, corporate board meetings, reunions, workshops, retreats and
professional meetings. Enquire about rates.
Rooms feature phones, televisions, and VCRs, with superior amenities of robes, flowers, and fruit. Feel at ease with complimentary off-street parking, in room wireless internet access, complimentary local phone calls, and select pet friendly rooms.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
Rates and Policies
- Rates: $130-255
- Add $25 per extra person.
- Aero Beds (fee may apply) available.
- Two night minimum stay requirement for weekends during high season.
Other minimum stays may be required for Holidays and Special Events.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
- Pet Friendly, with advance notice, with $20 pet cleaning fee (certain rooms only)
- Check-in 3:00 pm; Check-out 11 am
- Office hours are from 7am till 9pm
- Late arrivals are not a problem...just let us know in advance.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Reservations canceled, or stays reduced, greater than 14 days(30 days for holidays, special events, July & August) prior to originally scheduled arrival date will receive a refund of any deposit, less a $20, plus tax, handling fee which will be deducted from the refund.
- Reservations canceled, or stays reduced, 14 days (30 days for holidays, special events, July and August) or less prior to scheduled arrival date will be responsible for the entire reserved stay.
- If the reservation is made 14 days (30 days for holidays, special events, July and August) or less prior to scheduled arrival You have 24 hours from the time the reservation is made in which to cancel this reservation without forfeiture of deposit or liability for entire reserved stay.
- Trip insurance, available through most travel agencies, is strongly suggested to cover these expenses in the event of unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of the Inn of the Turquoise Bear, necessitating a late cancellation. This includes, but is not limited to, airline disruptions, inclement weather or illness.
- A one night deposit of room and taxes made to your credit card at the time the reservation is made, if applicable, and additional charges for the remainder of the reserved stay to be made to your credit card if you should cancel/reduce your stay 14 days (30 days for holidays, special events, July and August) or less prior to arrival date.
Hits Since 6/29/00