Grouse House Penthouse
Bed and Breakfast
Saugerties, New York
The Grouse House Penthouse is offering a very private and romantic suite with a VIEW on it’s own floor 10 minutes from historic Woodstock New York and the equally wonderful town of Saugerties...On a back road off of a back road off of a back road
Welcome to Grouse House
The Two of You will be the Only Guests...
The suite is on the third floor of the house and is accessed by an outdoor spiral staircase.
Quarter mile of beautiful private nature trails on the property. Minutes from the New York Thru-Way (I-87) , great restaurants, galleries, antiques, hiking, biking, and climbing. Under two hours from Manhattan. A very private & unique escape in a beautiful setting.
KING BED with a great mattress and bedding - Spectrum Cable with HBO, Showtime, & Starz, and 45” Sony w DVD player & nice selection of films - Boze CD Player with connector cable for music from your phone or computer - Free WI-FI High Speed 300 mps cable Internet - Cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan (In suite AC - but hardly ever needed) - In room JACUZZI tub & separate shower.
Private “Breakfast Galley” with view of Plattekill Mountain. Large outdoor HOT TUB (with view) & wonderful outdoor shower - Your own private “Zen Garden” and sun/moon deck. Nice two person hammock. Private deck with porch swing.
THE MORE NIGHTS YOU BOOK.....THE LOWER THE PRICE PER NIGHT
The Grouse House is over a mile in all directions from any major roads with a lot of deeply wooded forestry around it as well as streams and ponds nearby. So there is wildlife of all kinds (which is why I do not allow pets). Such a beautiful view in any season.
Rated one of the TOP SEVEN B&Bs NATIONALY for "WILDLIFE VIEWING"!
Policies and Guest Information
- PAYMENT & CHECK IN/OUT TIMES:
- At this time I can only take cash or checks. (Made out to "Gilbert Hetherwick"). I pay all my hotel, sales, and income taxes and I am a totally "legit" B&B... I just hate paying a bank a percentage.
- I do not ask for a deposit or an advance payment.
- I usually only rent to one couple per weekend.
- Check in time can usually be as early as noon... Sometimes I have to work around appointments but it's really loose. And usually guests are able to have a sunset checkout... if not later.
- We will connect before your trip about a time of arrival.
- NO PETS PLEASE - OF ANY KIND - The grounds are a small nature sanctuary with deer, foxes, coyotes, hundreds of birds, groundhogs, chipmunks, occasional black bears and the fattest squirrels in Ulster County! Even well behaved animals can disrupt the animal world dynamic.
- NUMBER OF GUESTS: The two of you will be the only guests on the property.
- NO CHILDREN PLEASE : The Penthouse only sleeps two in the one king bed. The stairways and hot tub are also too big of a liability for kids to stay here
- HOW BREAKFAST WORKS: Self Service Continental Breakfast set up in the suite’s kitchenette provided with fresh muffins and terrific pastires from The Hudson Valley Dessert Company in Saugerties... fruit... & juice in the mini-fridge... as well as "magical" New Orleans coffee. Sleep as late as you like and have breakfast any time in total privacy. The only time I come into the suite is once during the day while you are out I will replace dishes and utensils and re-stock breakfast and coffee for the next morning. The Grouse House proudly serves Cafe Du Monde Coffee from my "home town" of New Orleans (Reg & Decaff) One of the BEST Coffees on Earth! In my humble and prejudiced opinion!
- STAIRWAYS: There are TWO external stairways as the Penthouse is on the third floor of the house and the second one is a steel spiral staircase. And you have to walk about 100 feet on a wide gravel drive from your parking space to the stairways.
- SNOW & ICE IN WINTER: I keep a path and the stairs cleared of snow and ice in winter. As well as the Hot Tub which people can use down to about 15 degrees. Below THAT... and trust me... it isn't that much fun. And of course the outdoor shower is off anytime it is below freezing.
- During snowstorms I offer my guests one garage slot in a covered enclosed garage at no aditional charge. It's great here in winter!
- I do my best to keep everything cleared and my snowplow guy is terrific and plows anytime after there is 4 inches of snow.
- The main roads are really great... but my Adrienne Lane (1/8th mile) is private and I have to have it plowed. The Town of Saugerties is TERRIFIC at snow removal on the main roads if you just wait a couple of hours after a big storm. You should be fine with any front wheel drive car.... but if you have a HEAVY rear wheel drive only car... it might not be wise to stay here during a winter storm. And of course four-wheel drive rules!
We look forward to having
you as our guest
Hits Since 6/22/17