Bed and Breakfast
Located just six miles outside the cities of Hillsboro and Whitney, the
home with a windmill in the rose garden, is found nestled
among pecan and oak trees on 21
Victorian-styled home is decorated in traditional furnishings and antiques. Guest rooms
are elegant, romantic, and are most comfortable.
find you enjoying a splendid breakfast served in the beautiful, large dining room.
After a day of golfing, fishing, canoeing, shopping at the outlet mall
or antique shopping downtown Hillsboro, you may want to relax reading in your beautiful
room or in the backyard hammock, or walk the trail around the grounds. Our night sky has
the most heavenly stars you'll ever see!
Maybe, best of all, you can just sit out on
the porch and enjoy the views & sounds of the country - the wonderful pasture with its
pond, and the sight and sounds of the many colorful birds.
Hospitality in a Charming Country Setting"
- All private baths.
- Non-smoking rooms.
- Individually heated and air-conditioned.
- Phones and cable TV in all guest rooms.
- Scrumptious breakfast included in room rate. Morning coffee & juice in room.
- Complimentary snacks & refreshments at check-in.
- Beautiful garden & fountain view from side veranda (with table & rocking
- Wonderful hammock for two under large pecan tree in back yard garden area.
- Walking trail to the pond, and follows the creek along the edge of the pasture.
- Will set up golf tee times, fishing guide, canoeing arrangements, and boat rentals.
- Transportation available into town for shopping (just in case your partner decides to go
golfing or fishing and leaves you without a car!).
Gift certificates for wedding presents, birthday presents, graduation, - perfect for all occasions and so much appreciated!
- Antique Shopping in Downtown Hillsboro - over 200 dealers. Only 6 miles into town.
- Hillsboro Outlet Mall - over 200 shops and only 10 minutes away.
- Cell Block Museum in Hillsboro - Willie Nelson Memorabilia Room.
- Campbell Fresh Mushroom Plant Tour - just south of Hillsboro
- Lake Aquilla (great croppie, catfish, & black bass fishing) - only 2 miles away.
- Canoeing down the Brazos River - 8.2 mile ride from the bottom of the Lake Whitney dam
to Dick's Place. Other excursions available.
- Lake Whitney has some of the state's best stripper fishing & fishing guides, and is
just a beautiful lakefor all water sports. Boat & jet ski rentals are available at
lake. Located only 7 miles away.
- Golfing is available at White Bluff on Lake Whitney, which offers two beautiful and
challenging BruceLitzge courses, or at either the Hillsboro Country Club in Hillsboro, or
the Whitney Country Club.
- MKT Depot - filled with railroad artifacts and serves as the Hillsboro Chamber of
Commerce & Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Hill College - with the Texas Heritage Museum (in Hillsboro). The Research Center offers
an extensive collection of military art, Confederate artillery pieces, Confederate flags,
weaponry library, uniforms and more.
- Brazos de Dios - Homestead Heritage Center for Traditional Crafts - Craft workshop,
including the Heritage Forge Blacksmith Shop, The Potter's House, the Homestead Heritage
Furniture Workshop and a gift shop. Only 20 minutes away.
- Texas Ranger Museum & Hall of Fame in Waco. Only 35 miles away.
- Cameron Park Zoo - Waco New $10 million dollar natural habitat zoo. Only 35 miles away.
- Armstrong Browning Library - Waco. World's largest collection of the works of Robert
& Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- Baylor University - Home of the Baylor Bears. Only 35 miles away.
- Over 250 Hillsboro homes listed on the National Register of Historic places.
Directions to The Windmill Bed & Breakfast
From Dallas/Ft Worth
From I-35 take exit 370 (Spur 579). Go West (right) into Hillsboro. Go to 2nd street light in front of Courthouse. Turn right onto Hwy 22 (to Whitney). Travel 6 miles to Peoria. Turn left (south) on Hwy 1947 towards Vaughan. Travel 1/10 mile (or long city block) and turn left onto County Road 2421E (gravel road), road is just past red brick house on left corner. Travel 1 mile on curving road. Windmill Bed & Breakfast is yellow, 2-story house on left side of road. Sign in yard.
From I-35 heading North towards Dallas/Ft Worth, take the Highway 81 exit into Hillsboro (exits from left lane of I-35). Proceed to 3rd street light - you will see the courthouse on the left. Turn left (Hwy 22 to Whitney). Travel 6 miles to Peoria. Turn left (south) on Hwy 1947 towards Vaughan. Travel 1/10 mile (or long city block) and turn left onto County Road 2421E (gravel road), red brick house on left corner. Travel 1 mile on curving road. Windmill Bed & Breakfast is yellow 2-story house on left side of road. Sign in yard.
One Week (7 Days)
cancellation policy. Cancellations made less than seven days prior to your arrival will be
charged. Refunds will be made only if we are able to rebook your room. Special holidays
& weekends require two (2) weeks cancellation.
Payment by Visa/MasterCard/Discover Card/
American Express, checks or cash.
Rates are based on double occupancy
Extra person(s) are $20 each nightly
10% Discount available Monday through Thursday
Check in time is 4-6 pm. Check out is 12pm.
Smoking restricted to outside or porch only
Your stay at
the Windmill Bed and Breakfast is certain to be a
most memorable and pleasant experience.
Hits Since 01/21/03