Steeles Tavern Manor
Bed and Breakfast
Steeles Tavern, Virginia
Hospitality is alive and well here at Steeles Tavern Manor Bed & Breakfast.
Tucked into the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 50 picturesque acres lies Steeles Tavern Manor Bed & Breakfast. Innkeepers Melissa and Ray Alexander invite you into our 1916-built Virginian manor house located in a peaceful country setting with a spring-fed pond, walking grounds, and babbling creek.
Situated midway between the historic towns of Staunton and Lexington, guests can visit many attractions such as Crabtree Falls and the Blue Ridge Parkway, Historic Lexington, Staunton’s theatre, renowned Central Virginia wineries, The Virginia Horse Center, Natural Bridge, antique shops, and championship golf which all are within twenty to thirty miles of our B&B.
The B&B's decor offers a warm, relaxing environment and has a wine theme highlighted with each guest room named for a wine varietal native to Virginia.
Our five spacious bedrooms with original pine wood floors include two queen bed suites with adjoining sitting rooms and three king bedrooms.
Each has a private bath with double Jacuzzi tub. All rooms include either a gas or electric fireplace, 32 inch flat screen TV with HD Satelitte service and DVD. Plush robes and hair dryers are provided with daily maid service as well.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
Breakfast at Steeles Tavern Manor Bed and Breakfast
The coffee starts brewing just before 7:15 AM every morning. So come down to the Dining Room to start your morning off with a hot cup of coffee or hot tea and a sweet surprise.
Breakfast starts around 8:30 AM. Enjoy your meal in the comforts of the Dining Room or on the enclosed screened patio, weather permitting.
We proudly use many local ingredients in the preparation of our breakfasts and appetizers, supporting our neighbors. We also are bringing a little of Western Pennsylvania (our home area) to our breakfasts. We are excited to use the original Jenny Lee Bakery breads for our French Toast entrees. Now under the name of Five Generations Bakers, they provide us with their Cinnamon Raisin, Cinnamon Apple, and Cinnamon Swirl breads.
Breakfasts include a fruit dish as a first course or with your hot entree, which may be a frittata, stuffed French toast, or pancakes using Wade’s Mill products. Sausage, bacon, jellies, and jams from local providers when possible, are also included.
Enjoy these Amenities at Our B&B Accommodations in the Shenandoah Valley
* Early Morning Coffee along with Keurig Coffee Maker available at all times
* Full Breakfast featuring local ingredients
* Afternoon Social Hour daily at our Wine Bar with complimentary wine & snacks
* The Living Room provides a comfortable setting to sit and read or just relax by the gas-burning fireplace.
A library of books and movies is available for selection.
* Social Room includes additional flat-screen TV with HD Satellite service
* Screen patio accessible from the Dining Room with outdoor seating
* Secured WiFi available throughout including each bedroom
* Centrally located guest refrigerator stocked with water and soft drinks
* Spacious RV Parking available
* Biker Friendly. Park your ride in our garage.
* In-ground pool available during summer months
* Private Baths with Double Jacuzzi Tubs
* Wingback chairs with leather ottomans in each room.
Ottomans have reversible tops providing a wooden tray that can also be used as a work space or table.
* Full linen service with plush towels and robes. Extra pillows provided in each room.
*Feature Greenwich Bay soaps and shampoo products.
* Central heat and air conditioning
* Gas or Electric fireplaces in each bedroom
* Ceiling fans
* 32” flat-screen Satellite HD TVs with DVD player
* Clock Radios with iPod/iPhone Docking Stations
*Hair dryers, Irons, and Ironing Boards in each bedroom
- Room rates are based on double occupancy. There is a $20 charge per night for an additional person.
- We offer a smoke-free environment. Smokers are welcome to do so outside in designated areas.
- Check In: Anytime between 3 to 8 PM. After 8 PM is gladly accommodated with advance notice.
- Check Out: 11 AM
- DEPOSIT: A one-night’s stay (100% for a single night reservation) is required at the time of booking as a deposit. Visa, MasterCard, or Discover are preferred methods of payment.
- FINAL PAYMENTS: will be taken on your arrival to the Inn. Cash is accepted along with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover for your final payment.
- CANCELLATION: Your deposit will be returned if you cancel a reservation with 14 or more days’ notice. If you shorten, change or cancel a reservation within the 14 day period, you will be charged for the full amount of your original stay unless the room is rebooked for the period involved. A $30 processing fee will be deducted from any returned deposit.
- We offer a Seated Breakfast in our dining room starting at 8:30 AM daily.
- We are suitable for children 12 and over when accompanied by a mature adult.
- We are not set up to accommodate pets in the B&B, but please check for availability at our Pond View Cottage at our sister property,
Plan a visit with us, and experience the elegance and hospitality that began in this house in 1916 and
Tavern Manor Inn
Bed and Breakfast
30 Butler Cir
P.O. Box 39
Steeles Tavern, Virginia 24476
Fax: (540) 377-5937
Innkeepers: Melissa and Ray Alexander
Hits Since 1/18/13