Bed & Breakfast Inn
Santa Fe, New Mexico
This special Santa Fe bed and breakfast retreat was
once an adobe farmhouse, built between 1800 and 1820 during Spanish Colonial
rule. In the 1880s, Territorial architectural elements were added. Victorian
doors and windows were added in 1912 to enhance this authentic piece of Santa Fe
history. Adjacent to the main building is a turn-of-the-century double-brick coachman's
house, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Regardless of the season, the New Mexican outdoors can be a lovely
experiencewarm, dry, sunny summers and mild, dry, sunny wintersand El
Paradero offers guests a variety of spaces to enjoy.
Unwind surrounded by flowers and native plants in the quiet garden courtyard, located off
the dining room. While away an hour on the private, columned front porch or within the
walled-in rear patio, both sheltered in the cool shadows of large evergreen trees.
Each of El Paraderos fifteen guest rooms
features its own distinctive characteristics: an authentic kiva fireplace invites you to
sit and revel in the days adventures; a generous skylight reveals New Mexicos
azure blue sky; a courtyard opens your room into some of the freshest air in the country;
a balcony presents enchanting mountain vistas.
Some rooms have
skylights, others fireplaces, porches and mountain view balconies. Rooms are decorated
with hand woven textiles and tiles, folk art and Southwestern furniture.
Guests love our full breakfast every
morning. We believe food is an important
part of a great vacation!
El Paradero believes that delicious food is as
important as a good nights sleep, and is one of the few Santa Fe bed
and breakfasts that serves a full breakfast, including a hot entree. El
Paraderos menu changes daily and may offer delicious typical
Southwestern favorites such as Huevos Rancheros and breakfast burritos
with fresh green chili, or innovative quiches, frittatas, or mouth-watering pancakes, as
well as delectable scones or coffee cakes, and, of course, gourmet coffee, tea,
In the afternoon, join the other guests for high tea, featuring delicious
homemade cookies, fresh-baked pastries, and other savories. Tea time is a perfect
opportunity to relax and refresh from your days activities.
At El Paradero, youll find an inviting
balance of quiet and bustling spaces, all decorated with warm, inviting colors and
interesting Southwestern art and accessories. Enjoy mingling with other guests in the
convivial living room, complete with comfortable furniture, a television, and an engaging
Curl up with a good book in the library or enjoy 24-hour Internet access on
the guest computer located there. In the eating nook, nestled off the breakfast dining
room, peruse the local news or refresh yourself with a cup of coffee or tea and a cookie,
served day and night.
- Check In: 2-6pm
- Check Out: By 11am
- Room Pricing - Our rooms can accommodate two people very comfortably and several can
accommodate more. See the rooms page for details.
- Additional Guests: If there are more than two of you, please check with our staff about
which rooms can comfortably accommodate you. Our quoted rates are for double occupancy and
there is a $25 per person, per night surcharge for additional occupants, including
- Deposits - All reservations at El Paradero Bed & Breakfast must be secured at time
of booking by a deposit of 50% of the total lodging cost without taxes or, for a one
night's stay, the total cost plus tax. Groups reserving 5 or more rooms must arrange
payment plan with Innkeeper. The deposit can be paid with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard,
American Express and Discover) or check that must be received within one week of booking
- Minimum Stays (April 1 - October 31) - A two-night reservation is required if a Saturday
night is booked. Sometimes a single Saturday night is available, please call us. Also,
minimum stays of 3 or 4 nights are required on most Holidays and Indian Market (Call for
- Cancellation Notification - If your plans require that you cancel your reservation, we
will gladly refund your deposit (less a $25 handling fee) provided that we are given
sufficient notification of the cancellation in advance of the confirmed arrival date.
* If 1 to 7 room nights are reserved, we must receive 14 days notification. (Room
nights is equal to the total number of nights in all rooms reserved).
* If 8 or more room nights are reserved, we must receive 30 days notification.
* If 5 or more rooms are reserved, we must receive 60 days notification.
* 30 days notification of a cancellation is also required for ALL reservations for Indian
Market, Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Years holiday periods.
* Any refunded deposit will be subject to a $25 per room handling fee. Deposit refunds are
paid by check.
* If you shorten your stay and notify us 14 or fewer days but more than 48 hours before
your scheduled arrival date (2:00 PM), you will be responsible for one half of the cost of
any unrented room nights that were originally reserved for you.
* If you cancel less than 14 days in advance, you are responsible for all reservation
charges unless we rebook the room for those dates ($25 handling fee applies to ALL
- Children: Children 3 years and older are welcome.
- Pets: Dogs are welcome in rooms 1 through 9 only (no exceptions), although prior
arrangements must be made at the time of reservations. There is a $20 daily fee for a dog
in a room.
- Smoking: El Paradero Bed and Breakfast Inn is a non-smoking establishment.
- Internet: There is free wireless internet service available in all rooms.
- For your comfort: All rooms have evaporative cooling in summer and heating in winter.
convenient location, warm hospitality, great food, authentic atmosphere, and superb value
will make your vacation with us a memorable one.
El Paradero Bed & Breakfast Inn is a member of the following
New Mexico Bed & Breakfast Association
New Mexico Lodging Association
Professional Association of Innkeepers International
Bed & Breakfast Inn
220 West Manhattan Avenue
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Home Page: www.elparadero.com
Innkeepers: Sue Jett and Paul Elliott
Hits Since 09/15/04